I found this recipe because I wanted to make a stove top cake. There is a stove top oven called the Omnia. I decided to create my own stove top oven out of cheap pans from DI and what I had laying around the house. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I halved the batter recipe and it cooked 15-20 minutes longer but everyone liked it.
I used an angel food pan with a removable inside. I put a wide camping pan on the bottom.
I lined the inside with aluminum foil but am planning on buying a sillicone bundt pan insert. (this will avoid burning of the bottom)
I used a 5 quart mixing bowl as a lid.
Ingredients: (this is the full recipe)
1 cup butter
1 cup water
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
Directions:
Line the angel cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with oil. In a saucepan, melt 1 cup of butter. Stir in 1 cup water and 6 tablespoons cocoa powder. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a medium bowl, dissolve the baking soda in 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the cooled cocoa mixture.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the cocoa buttermilk mixture. Stir until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated stove top oven for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished cake but will do so next time.



No comments:
Post a Comment