Saturday, March 20, 2021

Sudado de Pescado Criollo (Peruvian Steamed Fish)

We recently went to a Peruvian restaurant in American Fork (Nazca Grill) and I ordered a fish dish and it was just amazing. I looked up the dish and tried this recipe. It was really good but not as good as the restaurant. I need to work on perfecting it.  Here is the recipe I used at home. 


INGREDIENTS
1 lb. of white fish, cut into 4 pieces
4 cups chicken broth (it asked for fish stock but I used chicken)
1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into feathers
1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
1 roma tomato, cut into 8 wedges
4 tablespoons cooking oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 teaspoons aji amarillo paste (found it at Rancho market in Provo)
salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano to taste
8 ginger rounds, peeled
juice of 2 limes
cilantro for garnish

In addition to the ingredients above, you’ll need a large pan with cover.
PREPARATION
Sauté the red onions and red peppers in a pan with cooking oil over medium to high heat, add the garlic, aji amarillo paste, and mix well.
Add the tomatoes, and season with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano, continue to mix
Add the fish stock, half the lime juice, ginger rounds, and bring to a boil
Place the fish fillets in the pan, reduce to a simmer and cover for about 10 minutes
Remove from heat, keep covered, and let sit for a few minutes
Uncover, drizzle the rest of the lime juice over the fish, garnish with cilantro.
Serve family-style with a side of steamed white rice, a seasonal green salad. 

Note: 
Add tomato wedges towards the end so that they stay somewhat crisp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean pasta salad

  INGREDIENTS    1x 2x 3x ▢  8   ounces  pasta (I used Orzo) ▢  1   English cucumbers   diced ▢  1   pint   cherry tomatoes   halved ▢  1   ...