Thursday, January 12, 2023

No knead Pizza dough

This is my favorite pizza dough recipe. It is so simple, easy and fast to make. 

  • 3 1/2 cups warm water
  • 7 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • Your choice of pizza toppings (I like to keep mine simple to allow the beauty of the crust to shine through. I usually choose a simple fresh tomato sauce, fresh basil leaves, sliced mozzarella, and a dab of pepperoni, and maybe a sprinkle of garlic salt…)
You don’t need to knead the dough, just mix all the ingredients together. It will look like messy dough, but that is what you want. 

I usually make it at night and then let it rise all night long. Just cover it with some plastic. I let it raise for about 12 hours. This is what it will look like. 



Then dump it out and divide it up in six pieces. 



Make sure to make balls out of the dough so once you use them they will be easier to handle it once you make the pizza. 


Now put the dough in individual containers and put them in the fridge. I leave the dough in the fridge for several hours before using it at night. You can even leave it in the fridge for several days. Make sure to take it out of the fridge about an hour before using the dough so it can come to room temperature. 


Once you are ready to cook the pizza take it and coat in in some flour (will make it easier to work with - less sticky and easier to get it off the pizza peel). I just put some flour in a bowl and coat both sides with the flour. 


Make sure to put corn meal on the pizza peel so the pizza wont stick. Be generous. 


Now take the dough and carefully stretch it with your hands and fists. (DO NOT roll it out with a rolling pin - if you do this you wont get the air pockets in the dough). 


Put on your sauce and brush some olive oil on the crusts. 


Put on your toppings. 


And now cook it either in the oven on a pizza stone that has been preheating in the oven for at least 30 minutes. Preferably 45-60 min at the highest temperature possible. My oven comes up to 500 F. But even better put it on a pizza stone on the BBQ. I can only do this in summer because in the winter my BBQ doesnt get to a high enough temperature. 600 or 700 F in summer on the outside BBQ makes the pizza turn out AMAZING. 


(These pizza's here were cooked in the oven)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean pasta salad

  INGREDIENTS    1x 2x 3x ▢  8   ounces  pasta (I used Orzo) ▢  1   English cucumbers   diced ▢  1   pint   cherry tomatoes   halved ▢  1   ...