Monday, April 5, 2021

Braided Challah Bread

This is such a pretty bread. This recipe is for one loaf but I actually made two. One plain and I turned one into a cinnamon roll braid. 

The left one is the cinnamon roll one and the right one is plain. 

Added some frosting to the cinnamon roll version. 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm water 1 1/2 Tablespoons yeast 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil 2 eggs + 2 egg yolks 1 Tablespoon salt 5 cups of flour Egg wash


Mix all the ingredients together in a mixer and mix for about 8 minutes. Put the dough in a bowl and let it double in size. Punch it down and divide the dough into two pieces.
Take one half and divide them into 6 pieces which will be rolled out into 6 equal strings. Then make a 6 strand braid. Here is a video link that will teach you how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQvZBwBJ5Uo&ab_channel=painlesscooking 350° F (177° C) 30-40 minutes until dark golden brown.



For the cinnamon roll version I just filled each of the six strains with some cinnamon/sugar/butter filling and then rolled it up like a long pre cut cinnamon roll and rolled it out even longer and then did the braiding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean pasta salad

  INGREDIENTS    1x 2x 3x ▢  8   ounces  pasta (I used Orzo) ▢  1   English cucumbers   diced ▢  1   pint   cherry tomatoes   halved ▢  1   ...