Monday, April 19, 2021

Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad)

 This is a very simplified version of the salad. If you do the official Gado Gado recipes then it can be a main dish. I made it as a side dish. 




Ingredients:
Cole Slaw Mix
Tomatoes
Carrots
Cucumbers
Bell Peppers
Cilantro (for garnish)

Dressing:

¼ cup + 2 tbsp  peanut butter
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp coconut sugar (I used 1 tbsp stevia)
½ tsp red curry paste (left this out since I didn't have it)
1 tsp sambal
¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut milk
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
pinch salt
¼ cup dry roasted salted peanuts

In a food processor, combine peanut butter, garlic, coconut sugar, red curry paste, and sambal. Process well. Add coconut milk, fresh lime juice, soy sauce, water, and salt. Process until smooth. Add the peanuts and process just enough to break them um but not purée them. Warm gently (in microwave or double boiler) before serving. I added some extra water to make the dressing a little bit more liquid so it would be easier to poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mediterranean pasta salad

  INGREDIENTS    1x 2x 3x ▢  8   ounces  pasta (I used Orzo) ▢  1   English cucumbers   diced ▢  1   pint   cherry tomatoes   halved ▢  1   ...